‘It was a pain I have never felt before’ — Doctors warn about using wire-bristled grill brushes


[ooyala code=”R2aW04dTq8OIVkXm1J8oB9_LnMx9AQHw” player_id=”3c1df42a0ea4920b9489cfaaf8aec88″]

Credit: WTIC

MERIDEN, Conn. — Doctors are warning of the dangers of improperly cleaning your grill as we head into backyard BBQ season.

Two weeks ago, doctors in Connecticut performed emergency surgery on 52-year-old Cheryl Harrison after she got a metal bristle stuck in her lower intestine.

“It must have been positioned in that burger just perfect. I ingested it and swallowed it,” Harrison told WTIC.

When her husband was cleaning their grill with a wire-bristled brush, one of the bristles fell off and got cooked into the burgers.

“It was just a pain that I have never felt before,” Harrison told WFSB. “I felt my stomach was bloated… extremely tender to the touch. You could not even push on anything – just hurt my stomach.”

As a result, Harrison began feeling severe abdominal pain within 48 hours and was rushed to the hospital, where she…

View original post 251 more words


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s