‘It was just a pain that I have never felt before,’ Woman undergoes emergency surgery after BBQ

Q13 FOX News

[ooyala code=”R2aW04dTq8OIVkXm1J8oB9_LnMx9AQHw” player_id=”3c1df42a0ea4920b9489cfaaf8aec88″]

Wallingford, CT (WFSB) — With the weather getting nicer, family barbecues will be taking place all across the state with upcoming frequency.

However, before cooking up some hot dogs and hamburgers, doctors are warning that the way grills are being cleaned could be putting families in serious danger.

Those who clean their grills with a wire bristled brush could be taking a risk, as those bristles could end up in the food that is being cooked. After eating a burger from the grill, Cheryl Harrison, of Wallingford, Connecticut said she quickly knew something was wrong.

Within 48 hours she had severe pains and was rushed to the hospital.

“It was just a pain that I have never felt before,” Harrison said. “I felt my stomach was bloated… extremely tender to the touch. You could not even push on anything – just hurt my stomach.”

She had…

View original post 248 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s